Medicare is often confusing to people who are covered by - or about to be covered by - Medicare. Jewish Family Service state-approved Aging specialists can answer your questions. Our licensed social workers can also provide personal counseling that is covered by Medicare*.
As with most Jewish Family Services, we welcome all.
Find help with your Medicare Coverage
Medicare is often confusing to people who are covered by Medicare, as well as their family and friends who make the inquiring calls on their behalf.
Jewish Family Service care managers who have been certified by the state’s Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program (OSHIIP) can answer questions about:
Overcome life's hurdles with Counseling paid for by Medicare*
Our compassionate Licensed Social Workers are here to help you when you need it most. We are approved by Medicare and can provide individual counseling sessions wherever you are most comfortable - in your home or in our private offices.
We can help you with:
Our supportive counseling services are covered by Medicare* and select Medicare Advantage Plan providers, including:
*some fees may apply
Click here for information about additional Counseling services not covered by Medicare
Jewish Family Service has an experienced staff of professional geriatric case managers to help older adults and their caregivers manage the complex maze of elderly care.
As Your Experts in Aging, Jewish Family Service care managers cover a broad range of services to strengthen the lives of older adults and their families who are often caregivers.
In addition to the Medicare assistance, Jewish Family Service Aging and Caregiver Services can assist with Social Security and insurance applications and questions; coordinate in-home services; manage bill payments; help determine appropriate living arrangements; and recognize early warning signs of medical problems. The social workers are also experienced in long-distance care management; Russian speaking issues; supportive counseling; Holocaust survivor issues; and more.
Anyone needing assistance with the Medicare questions or any other aging concerns is invited to contact AgeWell Cincinnati at 513-766-3333.
Jewish Family Service has been approved by the State of Ohio as one of only a handful of sites in the Tri-state area to provide Medicare counseling and information; and the only Jewish communal site in Southwestern Ohio.
The designation comes from the Ohio Department of Insurance after Jewish Family Service Aging specialists completed certification training by the state’s Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program (OSHIIP).
Facts you may not have known about OSHIIP
• The Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program (OSHIIP) is the state’s official Medicare educational program, working with a statewide network of partner organizations and volunteers to help Ohioans understand and enroll in to Medicare.
• OSHIIP has been Ohio's official Medicare educational program as a part of the Ohio Department of Insurance for more than 20 years (since 1992).
• In 2011, according to CMS, OSHIIP was ranked 54th out of 54 Medicare SHIIPs across the country (including the territories) in terms of client contacts tracked. Since 2011, OSHIIP has worked to not only better track its interactions with consumers but to also more aggressively reach out to consumers with educational information and counseling opportunities. As a result, OSHIIP is now ranked 15th out of the 54 SHIIP programs and continues to improve its efforts.
• OSHIIP assisted more than 160,000 Ohioans while saving a program record $16.4 million in 2013. The amount includes a record $8.96 million saved during the Fall Medicare open enrollment period.
• In 2013, OSHIIP set a record, counseling more than 160,000 Ohioans and conducting more than 2,200 statewide outreach events.
• As we transition into the new year, Jewish Family Service and OSHIIP will continue to provide expert assistance helping people understand the complexities of Medicare, its coverage options, financial assistance available, and with enrollment.
• We at Jewish Family Service will continue to partner with OSHIIP to ensure Greater Cincinnati residents can benefit from the program's services and information.
• Our Jewish Family Service Aging and Caregiver Services program does a lot of work in the community to help consumers and their families including Geriatric Care Management, the Center for Holocaust Survivors, Emergency Food Assistance, Vital Services for families experiencing poverty and mental illness, Domestic Violence prevention education, and Immigration Services.
• These services are essential not only to the current Medicare population but also to the more than 10,000 Ohioans who turn 65 each and every month.
• Anyone enrolled in Medicare, as well as their friends, family and loved ones should feel free to contact OSHIIP by calling 1-800-686-1527 or by visiting www.insurance.ohio.gov.
Strictly necessary cookies guarantee functions without which this website would not function as intended. As a result these cookies cannot be deactivated. These cookies are used exclusively by this website and are therefore first party cookies. This means that all information stored in the cookies will be returned to this website.
Functional cookies enable this website to provide you with certain functions and to store information already provided (such as registered name or language selection) in order to offer you improved and more personalized functions.
Performance cookies gather information on how a web page is used. We use them to better understand how our web pages are used in order to improve their appeal, content and functionality.
Marketing / Third Party Cookies originate from external advertising companies (among others) and are used to gather information about the websites visited by you, in order to e.g. create targeted advertising for you.